Test photos

David

Active User
Registered
These are test photos of a 12 x 40 republic lathe that I recently finished a rebuild on. I am trying to add descriptive text to each photo. Frustrated with this. Can someone help me figure this out.

camera clean 103.jpg camera clean 053.jpg

We used to be able to do it by attaching one photo at at time using the Insert Image icon above.

It doesn't work any more. I guess we will never have professional posts again with this setup.

P6160555a.jpg

Mike, do you mean like this
IMG_5299a.JPG
Thats one big snake.

And then underneath like this
IMG_5366.JPG
My new flame thrower under construction.

Cheers Phil

IMG_5299a.JPG IMG_5366.JPG

I am trying to add descriptive text to each photo.

Dave are you trying to post some info under each picture like I just did in the previous post, or do you want to add text to the picture in an editor?

Cheers Phil

Yes Phil, just text under each picture would be fine at this point.

David

I generally don't use the "insert image" button, but manually enter the URL between tags, and the caption comes out in the right place.

Yes Phil, just text under each picture would be fine at this point.

David when you are entering a reply, or starting a new thread for that matter, there are 2 text boxes to reply in. "Quick reply" which has the basics, and "advanced" which has a couple of toolbars with text editors and insert function tool buttons. Type your text, click on the insert image button and follow the popup window to the picture location, (your computer or photobucket or other) Upload the picture, then type more text, and repeat. Dont forget to preview occasionaly to check you are getting what you want and so you dont time out and lose all your work.

Cheers Phil

Thanks Phil,

I have been practicing a little and will try to post the lathe project when I have time

David

I used to be able to do that, Phil. It stopped working for me a month or so ago. Now I can only type a bunch of text and whatever pictures I upload, even one at a time, end up bunched at the bottom.

Are there any profile settings I can tweak to fix this? I just went looking, but didn't find anything.

Let me try.

Handbook Cover.JPG

Machinery's Handbook

Pacemaker.JPG

Pacemaker Lathe

Seems to work ok by uploading the pic using 'Insert Image', then typing the description a couple of lines under it, (unless I'm misunderstanding what was meant?)

M

Handbook Cover.JPG Pacemaker.JPG

Back