Test message - line feed / carriage return

Terrywerm

Registered
Registered
I posted some replies earlier today from a new computer running Windows 8 and noticed that when posting, the line feed does not work when pressing the Enter key. This post is being done from my older laptop where it always worked before.

Line feed works fine on here. Now I just have to reply from my Win8 machine and try it again.

I posted some replies earlier today from a new computer running Windows 8 and noticed that when posting, the line feed does not work when pressing the Enter key. This post is being done from my older laptop where it always worked before.

Line feed works fine on here. Now I just have to reply from my Win8 machine and try it again.
I cannot get line feed to work from my Win8 computer, where this reply is being written. I have rebooted and everything, same problem still exists.

Trying once more after making a couple of minor changes in my IE settings. Still no joy.:whiteflag: Even tried it after a reboot, or in an edit window. No luck. Anybody have any ideas??? On edit - still cannot get a line feed to work. Shift+Enter does not work either. Down arrow works only if a line feed was already in existence in the window. Nothing seems to work. Checked my IE advanced settings also, they are the same as on my laptop but still no luck. Will need to research elsewhere on the web and post findings in a new post in the section for website changes and problems.

This edit is from laptop - line feed works. Go figure.

Thanks Tony.

That did the trick!!!! :+1:

Now, what would I do without guys like you??

Oh, probably just a little more searching. :whistle:

Thanks, Clueless. I went and looked at your post about the Enter key not working, exactly as I had seen.

By changing over to Compatibility View you can still use the WYSIWYG editor. Additionally, you can also set IE 10 so that it will always use compatibility view when it goes to a particular site such as this one.

Sooooo,

For the benefit of those who run into this problem in the future but are not very computer savvy, here are the step by step instructions to get things working normally again.

First, you have to make sure that you have the Command Bar turned on in Internet Explorer. You can do that by right clicking on the bar at the top of the screen and selecting "Command Bar" to turn on the check mark in front of it. If the check mark is already on, you don't need to click on anything there. Pressing the ESC key will close the submenu.
001CommandBar.jpg

Next, click on "Tools" on the upper right part of the IE window, a submenu will open, in which you can click on "Compatibility View Settings", like so:
002CompViewSettings.jpg

A new dialog box will open. If you are already on the H-M site, simply click the "Add" button:
003add.jpg

The URL for H-M should now appear in the list of Compatibility View sites. Click on the "Close" button and you should be all set.
004close.jpg

001CommandBar.jpg 002CompViewSettings.jpg 003add.jpg 004close.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back