Telescoping Gage Pouch

Have you tried calling; Mitutoyo? Starrett? They both sell 'repair parts'.

Or make what ever custom case you desire. Isn't that what hobby machinists do? :grin:

As DV said , go to tandy leather and buy yourself a piece of suade leather or thin leather 2 ounce works well for what you want . a pouch like you want can be sewn on a home sewing machine easily . if you want snaps kits can be had there or Walmart for a couple dollars . Or you can make a stand out of a piece of wood and drill holes to put them in . If you draw up what you want I can make you one also .

They are the least expensive measuring tool that you will ever buy, throw them in a drawer in the toolbox for this purpose, if you don't pile hammers on top of them they will last years and years. They do not need covering or pouches, do however keep the micrometers safe as you will need these to measure them.

For $15 you can get a pouch at harbor freight then Mail the free gauges that come with it to me for spares.

The plastic on mine deteriorated decades ago. I made on out of a piece of scrap mahogany from the pattern shop, with a couple of ball mills on a Bridgeport. No, it never leaves my tool box.

Back