Taps and dies: what do I have here?

ARC-170

Jeff L.
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
I've acquired about 45 taps, 30 dies and 7 wrenches, all SAE. I'm wondering if they are worth selling or keeping. I have most of what I use; these would be duplicates. There are a few smaller ones that I don't have, but then that would mean a set is missing a few.

Here's an overview:
DSC01449.JPG

LARGE DIES
There is a set of 1-1/2" diameter dies (7 pcs, 1/4"-3/4") that all look like this (front and back), far right in overview:
DSC01443.JPGDSC01444.JPG

SMALL DIES
There is a set of 1" diameter dies that all look like this, bottom middle in overview:
DSC01445.JPG

TAPS
There is a set of taps that appear to match the 1" dies, bottom left in overview:
DSC01446.JPG

OTHER TAPS
There are misc other taps from various mfr's as well, top of overview. I have most of the sizes already. Not sure what to do with these; sell? keep? sell as a lot? Thoughts?

Most of the wrenches are nothing special, but there was this Craftsman one. Is it worth anything?
DSC01447.JPGDSC01448.JPG

Thanks!

Keep what you think you could ever use and sell the rest on whichever site you choose . They all look older but someone somewhere could use them .

I like to have duplicates of taps as if one breaks I have a back up. Dies not so much as they don't break as easily and I don't use them as frequently.

The larger ones look to be NPT (national pipe thread). Those could come in handy, I use mine fairly often.

I like to have duplicates of taps as if one breaks I have a back up. Dies not so much as they don't break as easily and I don't use them as frequently.
I kept all the duplicates. The ones I'm showing are the ones that make up a complete set.

The larger ones look to be NPT (national pipe thread). Those could come in handy, I use mine fairly often.
They are all NC with at least one NPT. I just showed that one because it showed up the best in the light.

I probably have a few hundred taps & dies, with lots of duplicates in the most used sizes.. I would not concider selling any of it, they don't take up much room.

Back