Taper attachment PM-1640

The Oracle

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
UPS brought me a present Friday from Precision Matthews, spending this weekend installing the PM-TL taper attachment (fantastic piece of hardware). My plan is to once I have it installed and use it a little bit is to post a decent set of instructions on installation set up and usage. There’s a lot of misconceptions about this taper attachment online.

Attachments

• IMG_3308.jpeg
    IMG_3308.jpeg
    523.1 KB · Views: 89
Misconceptions on that taper attachment? Can you post a link I'd be interested in reading them.

Due to a very hectic schedule, it took a little while but the taper attachment is installed and aligned. (well, I still have to drill and install the taper pins.)

Something funny about this install due to lack of packaging, the deadman arm was damaged in shipping. A fellow gunsmith took it polished it and hot blued it to match one of his very expensive custom 308 rifles. I must admit it looks pretty cool.

IMG_3383.jpeg

Does their taper attachment come with a telescopic leadscrew ?
The answer to your question is yes, and no, let me explain.

The PM – TL lathe taper attachment is most certainly the more covered telescopic versus plane taper attachment.

The lead screw that comes installed on the TL models of lathes sticks out the back of the cross slide a few inches which allows you to install your taper attachment.

Attachments

• IMG_3358.jpeg
    IMG_3358.jpeg
    175 KB · Views: 32
The answer to your question is yes, and no, let me explain.

The PM – TL lathe taper attachment is most certainly the more covered telescopic versus plane taper attachment.

The lead screw that comes installed on the TL models of lathes sticks out the back of the cross slide a few inches which allows you to install your taper attachment.
I didnt understand your reply. Does it have a telescopic leadscrew?

I didnt understand your reply. Does it have a telescopic leadscrew?
The taper attachment does not come with an additional and/or new leadscrew, but the taper attachment is telescopic.

Back