Taking it apart - before even using it! ??

That about says it all. Except that I need a solid concrete floored shop to put a prospective grinder in.

I can already tell that I am going to lust after some sort of surface grinder. Most of what I might be interested in likely will have some parts that need it. If I just want a nice ground-looking finish on non-critical outer surfaces, I just use abrasive papers on a piece of thick glass. I know surface grinders need stiffness and vibration damping, so standing them on a floor capable of sounding through vibration may not be great, but that said, there are grinders everywhere that are on well supported wood floors.

If (when?) I do go there, and there is a problem, it would mean making holes in the floor down to concrete substrate, and using chemi-bolt fixings up to the leveling mounts. I hope to avoid games like putting microphones onto the floor, and onto the machine, and displaying the outputs together. I guess if it makes a good finish when all the other usual causes are checked out, then it's OK !

I don't do that, but I understand it. There's nothing wrong with ya. But new is new. Good enough as received, or returned...that's all I can do.

Back