Tailstock Turret ??

Waterlooboy2hp

Registered
Registered
I am trying to find out, if the Morse Taper on an Enco tailstock turret is removable, from the index head. I am hoping, that it is and has a Jacobs taper on the end, like a drill chuck adaptor. I need to use a turret, with a 5/8" straight shank on it.

Yesterday, I was in touch with Enco. The only way, they can find out, is to send someone into a warehouse out in Navada , to look at one. Not sure if I will ever hear back from them. This is the one, that I have in mind. ---- John

http://www.use-enco.com/CGI/INSRIT?PARTPG=INLMKD&PMPXNO=12380406&PMAKA=326-0000

I have one like that, mine is not removable. It wasn't the greatest , it liked to spin . Cheep China junk
I ended up getting a production tail stock turret that is much better

John
I have the same turret from enco. The 2 MT shank is held in with a 1/8 roll pin To remove the Mt shank I used a #2 starter tap and very carefully started it in the pin, after a couple threads the tap caught and started to rotate the pin in the hole and I kept turning it in a clock wise direction while pulling up on the tap and the pin came out with little effort. The shank has a taper on the end that is pressed in the turret. After gently prying with 2 screwdrivers and applying gentle heat it cane out with very little fuss, The pin is a 1/8 and the taper is roughly 3/8 OD. Hope this helps

Last edited:
John
I have the same turret from enco. The 2 MT shank is held in with a 1/8 roll pin To remove the Mt shank I used a #2 starter tap and very carefully started it in the pin, after a couple threads the tap caught and started to rotate the pin in the hole and I kept turning it in a clock wise direction while pulling up on the tap and the pin came out with little effort. The shank has a taper on the end that is pressed in the turret. After gently prying with 2 screwdrivers and applying gentle heat it cane out with very little fuss, The pin is a 1/8 and the taper is roughly 3/8 OD. Hope this helps[/QUOTE

=============================================

Thanks for the info. At least I now know, that I can remove it and rework it into a 5/8" straight shaft. Only needs to be 1.5" long for my project. Just have to wait for a 25% off and free shipping day from Enco. I have plenty of other work to do on the project, and the turret is the last thing to be installed anyway. In the meantime, I will also keep an eye on E-bay. ---- John

I have one like that, mine is not removable. It wasn't the greatest , it liked to spin . Cheep China junk
I ended up getting a production tail stock turret that is much better
What did you end up with?

Back