Table way scoring

I didn't try to field that question since I've got no personal experience, only reading and watching YouTubers do it. But, my understanding is that after grinding, the ways get scraped in and then "flaked" which are small semi-swirls scraped into the way surface to create oil pockets. If a lot is removed during grinding, the way surfaces might be built back up with Turkite (sp?). The Turkite is then scraped just like a regular CI way would be. Maybe there are differences when you have chromed ways, I don't know.

Maybe throw up a post in the scraping forum on this list and you'll get some more experienced answers.

Ted
As Rich has pointed out many times, ways should not be flaked where they are visible, for example table ways should not ne flaked, the flaking should be on the saddle way surfaces, this because the flaking can become home to particles that cause rapid wear.

That is a disaster. After looking at it again, I can't recommend doing anything unless you have the machine ways ground or milled.

Back