Table feed replacement

Wvlarry

Registered
Registered
Looking to replace original power feed unit with aftermarket unit. Which ones are good, ones to stay from. Bridgeport series 1

my BP has an import table feed that has been good.
i was put off by the nylon gearing and thought it wouldn't work well, i was wrong.
i can't recommend a brand, but a search on amazon and ebay will give you a price range

Servo makes good ones but if you want really good you gotta pay the price, they ain't cheap. Align units are good, made in Taiwan. ALSGS is the most common for the China equivalents. Then there are other generic brands from China if you want to pay even less.

Depends on your price range, the Align drives are made in Taiwan, they are high torque drive comparable to Servo drives. Main difference compared to lower priced drives is that at low speeds they are very controllable and consistent. Switch gear is also all metal as opposed to rubber covers and plastic on some.

Just be weary that since you are replacing an "original" powerfeed (whether it is the gear driven, 6F, or 8F) that the only brand I know that makes the proper kit to adapt a power feed to your table and lead screw is Servo.

Also, what is going on with your powerfeed that you want to replace it?

Jon

I was wondering the same thing- is the original one beyond repair?
-Mark

Just be weary that since you are replacing an "original" powerfeed (whether it is the gear driven, 6F, or 8F) that the only brand I know that makes the proper kit to adapt a power feed to your table and lead screw is Servo.

Also, what is going on with your powerfeed that you want to replace it?

Jon
Jon
I saw your comment on the other site, but for some reason it wouldn't let me reply to it. I have not been able to determine if I have a motor issue or a board issue. I believe the main issue is with the board. There is evidence that the board has been repaired in the past, also masking tape inside the control panel with terminal #s and wire #s marked on it. Also looks like wires inside motor have been repaired in the past. I know the pot needs replaced, readings are jumping all over the place (minor issue). The board has no output voltage on any terminals. No obvious issue (burnt components) or cracks in soldier joints that I have seen. That's about my limits on troubleshooting the board. It a 6F
(6F s 13927)

Larry

Rarely do those pots go bad. Do you have a wiring diagram for it? If not, let me know and I can get you a wiring diagram for this so you can ensure you have it all hooked up right.

Did you receive this not working or was it working and then died on you?

Jon

Rarely do those pots go bad. Do you have a wiring diagram for it? If not, let me know and I can get you a wiring diagram for this so you can ensure you have it all hooked up right.

Did you receive this not working or was it working and then died on you?

Jon
The feed worked when I got the mill about 2 months ago, although the speed control was not consistent. I have the wiring diagram for the mill that has the control wiring from the board in the main electrical panel to the limit switches and the motor. What I can't find is any schematics for the board itself.
I used the feed 2-3 times, then the next time nothing. No output to the motor.

Last edited:
You are not gonna be able to find a schematic for the board. Replace it and you will be good. I would highly recommend checking the alignment of your reversing switches. The 6F is notorious for those little plungers getting sticky. And if both switches are "ON" or in the switched position, then you will blow up your board.

Jon

Back