Syoz 25 Collets

aliva

Active User
H-M Platinum Supporter
I have a set of Syoz 25 collets and would like to make a collet block.
I have the dimensions of the od and length of the collets but can't find the amount of taper.
Can anyone point me in the right direction. I could do some measuring but I would prefer the factory dimension.

Shouldn't be hard to calculate. Chuck the collet in your lathe, using an indicator measure the change in diameter over a precise length and use that trig you learned in high-school.

Shouldn't be hard to calculate. Chuck the collet in your lathe, using an indicator measure the change in diameter over a precise length and use that trig you learned in high-school.
I'm lazy and failed trig.
Seriously I thought someone might have the info I'm looking for, as said in the post I could do the calculations I guess that's next.

I'm lazy and failed trig.
Seriously I thought someone might have the info I'm looking for, as said in the post I could do the calculations I guess that's next.
Just a wild guess, but I'll bet you failed trig because you couldn't imagine what you would ever use it for.

All the trig I've ever needed is SOHCAHTOA.

Just a wild guess, but I'll bet you failed trig because you couldn't imagine what you would ever use it for.

All the trig I've ever needed is SOHCAHTOA.
100 % correct

Back