Super Rare John Deere Shaper !

wayback machine

Registered
Registered
I thought that would get your attention ;~)
Now, I bought a lathe once, that was obviously made by International Harvester (You could tell that by the heavily applied color, anyway),
but this is the first JD machine for me !

Seriously, I obviously have some work cut out for myself, here - But I had to buy it, just to save it from itself :~)
It will be a while, as I'm spread a bit thin at present, but I will come back and post, if I can produce a reasonable-looking result from this mess.
atlas 7b.jpg

I thought that would get your attention ;~)
Now, I bought a lathe once, that was obviously made by International Harvester (You could tell that by the heavily applied color, anyway),
but this is the first JD machine for me !

Seriously, I obviously have some work cut out for myself, here - But I had to buy it, just to save it from itself :~)
It will be a while, as I'm spread a bit thin at present, but I will come back and post, if I can produce a reasonable-looking result from this mess.
View attachment 437208
You get that’s JD in colors only right? Paint doth not a Deere make. An Atlas 7b fur sure.

My grandfather was IH mech for 40yrs. He even had a IH pickup. Even he called all IH cornbinders.

So that lathe is a chipbinder?

My grandfather was IH mech for 40yrs. He even had a IH pickup. Even he called all IH cornbinders.

So that lathe is a chipbinder?
In the condition it was in, it would have bound up with the first chip it made :~)

Did it come with the belt guards and vise?

Did it come with the belt guards and vise?
Of course not - It actually runs smooth and quietly, believe it or not, but the fancy stuff like that is most always MIA, with stuff I buy.
Seriously, where I live in Florida, I don't get to pick and choose much, as far as machinery goes - I took up an interest in this too late .....

Last edited:
Back