Stupid questions thread

Is this a "Learning Moment", or have I made a mistake? You are stressing me out.

No kidding. This is a direct quote from the 22 year old apprentice.

You need the throwing attachment--the throwing attachment takes the chips and throws then to the bonding surfaces so the put-back milling bonder edge can bind the chip back to the part.

Whaaat? My head is beginning to hurt

I'm trying to find more 1909 aluminum but all I can find is 6061-T6 aluminium. Will aluminium work just as good as aluminum? And what is T6? Is that what one of the Terminators were made of?

A little more from real-life; "Do you have any fiberglass insulation that's brown instead of pink or yellow? I want to match the brown carpet in my living room". Spoken by an old woman who wanted to insulate her living room, thinking that you staple it directly onto the walls.

I briefly had a boss who told me to convert to metric by dividing by .0393, rather than multiplying by 25.4, “because it goes to ten thousandths, it’s a lot more accurate”.
I have not been able to break the habit of dividing by .03937, despite knowing better. I have no illusions about the accuracy.

Back