Stuck X-axis Leadscrew Bearing On G0704?

Esox

Registered
Registered
Just got my new G0759 (the G0704 w/ DRO) in yesterday. I started breaking it down for ease of cleaning and re-distribute the weight into manageable size parts for moving. Got the head off fine. In the process of removing the table by removing all of the stuff on the right hand side. The last part I need to remove is the inner-race (smaller shaft inside diameter) for the inner thrust bearing. If I could get this off, then the table should be able to come off.

I noticed that the similar race on the outer bearing took some wiggling to get it off. I expected the same wiggling required for this race, but I cannot get it to move. It seems as through the race slipped onto the threads (I can spin it freely there) and I need to get it slipped onto the smooth area of the shaft to pull it off.

Any advice? If I get a bearing puller will this probably solve the problem or did I or Grizzly somehow bend the race to the point where it doesn't have enough clearance to slip over the shaft now.

Thanks!
Esox
p.s. - I can take a picture if it helps describe the problem.

Update: Well, I decided to use a cheapo gear puller from AutoZone. It bent the gear puller. So I figured that since I probably should replace the bearing anyhow I just took a dremel cut off wheel and cut a relief notch in the race until it almost reached the shaft. That was enough to allow the gear puller to get it off.

Back