Stoner mold release spray .................

mmcmdl

H-M Supporter - Diamond Member
Staff member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
What are any good uses for this besides the obvious ? Are there any ? I have a minimum of 100 spray cans in at work that we'll have to pay to dispose of . I thought maybe using on car or truck wheels but I don't know . :dunno:

I use the E236 on a daily basis for work. I've sprayed it on squeaky hinges before and it helped. I even used it when machining aluminum, but that was because it was the only thig I had at hand. 100 cans are a lot to use up. I don't use that much in a years time.

Is/was the original use with metal, plastic, resin, whatever. As a model builder, I can have come up with half a dozen applications just off the top of my head, depending on media. You might try websites for Q&A for models, casting (particularly lost wax and lost 3D), something of that nature. For the right application, it could be a gold mine.

We had a certain use for this at work but the extruders and mandrals were sold . No longer have the process to use the stuff . I'll just grab it all just in case someone has a use for it .

There is a lot of value there for its intended purpose - mold release of resins. Not sure how shipping & such would factor in the price but I'd certainly try Ebay in maybe lots of 5 or something. There are hobbyists from many disciplines that use the stuff. If its like other spray on release products I've used, there may be a best before date to be aware of when its release properties start to degrade.

Any idea which version it is? I'd have to check my can to see, but I'll take a few if it's the same stuff.

Get back with that info . Heading out tonight to hear a band once again after 3.5 years of working weekend nightshifts . Cleaned up alot of stuff down the dungeoun and garage getting ready for the selling season . I'll post back on Monday morn as to what version it is .

Back