Stock Rack.

Old Iron

Active User
Registered
Being short on room for steel I decided to build a steel rack to go under the 13" South Bend Lathe.
It is not finished yet because I ran out of steel but I will used it as is till I get more steel.

Closes place to get it around here is Pensacola FL. And I'm not going there for a couple pieces of angle it will have to wait till I need more than that. I've stock every where in my shop I'll start loading it tomorrow.

The compartments are 10 1/2 " wide 6" high and 2 ' deep I could put 2' long stock or 12" in them I do have some 4' and longer but that can lean in the corner for a while yet. Most of the stuff I have is 12" so I can put it in either side. There will be a total of 15 when I get it finished so I think that will be plenty.

Paul

Angle Cut.JPG Cleaned and ready.JPG Frames fitted And Welded.JPG Steel Rack 1.JPG Inplace.JPG

Looks good Paul , I made one for under my SB it doesn't have casters I just move it with a pallet jack. You can pile a lot of stuff in that space.

Thanks for the replys, I wish I had room for a pallet jack. I just don't have a lot of room with the machines.

Paul

Great job Paul.

Charley and I were just talking this week about his storage problem and the idea of storing material under his new-old Southbend was mentioned. Great use of the floor space under the lathe.

Benny
The Orphanage Never Closes

Thanks Benny I've been working on this most of the weel, Work till I can't hardly walk then quit. And it seems like great minds thank a like.

Paul

TE=bcall2043;125741]Great job Paul.

Charley and I were just talking this week about his storage problem and the idea of storing material under his new-old Southbend was mentioned. Great use of the floor space under the lathe.

Benny
The Orphanage Never Closes[/QUOTE]

Back