Still looking to spend some money...how about this one?

PHPaul

Registered
Registered
Unknown Mill

Looks interesting. I don't do BookFace, but have one of my daughters contacting the seller asking them to get in touch with me so I can ask a couple of questions.

If it doesn't have some off-the-wall collet requirements or need 3 phase power and the vise goes with, I'll probably at least go look at it.

Loading/unloading/positioning might be a bit of a challenge.

Can anybody ID the manufacturer?

Interesting X axis feed on that beast.

Somebody has re-powered it at some point.

I have never seen a PTO shaft type power table feed before

Very interesting

Yes that's a model 40 and the table drive is stock- good price too
The head has a homemade cover on top looks like
-M

My Diamond horizontal mill has a driveshaft like power feed similar to this one.

Agree it looks like a fabricated cover, but looks well done. Quality DIY mods give me some confidence in how prior owners treated the machine.

I know nothing about this specific mill, but unusual tends to equal cheaper except when the seller thinks I can't find a similar machine = "$$$rare $$$". Of course unusual can mean parts and manuals are hard to find.

That one is on Facebook Marketplace and I decline to join Facebook and download the app just to get in touch with the seller.

Also spotted this one much closer to home and am working on getting in touch with the seller.

Looks like an Index 40H shown HERE.

The picture even shows the power feed.

I expect that any machine in service during WWII probably had the **** run out of it.

Look for excessive wear and/or plan on a total rebuild.

Should be much better bones to work with than modern CHICOM.

That one is on Facebook Marketplace and I decline to join Facebook and download the app just to get in touch with the seller.

Also spotted this one much closer to home and am working on getting in touch with the seller.

The Index is a toy compared to the K&T. If the K&T is in decent shape and you have the room . . . Bingo!

The Index is a toy compared to the K&T. If the K&T is in decent shape and you have the room . . . Bingo!

I'll MAKE the room! :p

Have an appointment to go look at it Thursday. I'll be taking cash. Loading/unloading it scares me a bit but I'll work it out.

Back