static or rotary converter for grinder

i got caught up on my work this afternoon and wired up my rotary converter and grinder .

it works... the converter self starts just fine and the grinder spins right up to speed , unfortunately one of the ratty stones blew up about 10 seconds after i started it
so no grinding until new my new wheels show up later this week .

i do have a couple issues .. the biggest one is that while i thought i knew how to wire up the magnetic starter properly i goofed somewhere , if i leave the switch on and cut the breaker the converter fires right back up once i reset the breaker .
i was a bit tired so i didnt attempt to trouble shoot it .

the second issue is the two speed on the motor ... havent a clue how to make it a two speed again , the last genius who fubar'd the wiring just stuck some random on off switch on it ... it would be nice to have both speeds .

and yes it takes 12 inch wheels ... not cheap , but they wasn't as expensive as i thought they would be , but then they should last for quite a few years .

next up ... as i now have three phase power its time to ditch the chicom motor on my g0602 and find a good three phase motor for it .
luckily three phase motors are dirt cheap and easy to come by in the rust belt
i do plan on buying a vfd in the future for the lathe .. but no hurry now

Back