Starting a new shop building

Just a small update. Yesterday I got the AC hooked up and running. I poured a pad for the outside unit, and placed the inside unit in the area above the shop. I got all the ducts ran and electricity hooked up. Yesterday my AC guy came and soldered the lines and got it running.

To say I am happy and excited is an understatement. In less than 30 minutes the shop went from 96 degrees and 82% humidity, to 80 degrees and 50%. I don't know if I can express how much of a difference that felt like inside. I've been excited to get out and work on the shop and get things set up, but at the same time I have also dreaded it and sweated my backside off while in there.
I'm really looking forward to this weekend and getting some things done in relative comfort.
What system did you use for AC?

I know what you mean, I don't deal well with heat. My garage/shop that I had in California was unbearable August through September. I didn't like having the garage door open, I was on a corner lot and too many people could scope out what I had in there. No sense in advertising. So rarely used the shop during the day and often found myself having to do project late at night when it finally cooled off. Temp could reach 110F easily in there with an external temp of 90-95F.

Congrats on finally being able to enjoy your shop. Would love to see any updates you might have to share.

I know what you mean, I don't deal well with heat. My garage/shop that I had in California was unbearable August through September. I didn't like having the garage door open, I was on a corner lot and too many people could scope out what I had in there. No sense in advertising. So rarely used the shop during the day and often found myself having to do project late at night when it finally cooled off. Temp could reach 110F easily in there with an external temp of 90-95F.

Congrats on finally being able to enjoy your shop. Would love to see any updates you might have to share.
I will try. I have had all my machines moved in for a while. At one point I had them sort of arranged but then cleaning and moving more and some electrical work forced me to kind of leave them in the center of the room. Hopefully this weekend I can get the place swept up and get things back in place and take some pics.

Back