Starrett Screw lost

Ya, I saw that but when I saw HARRY KNUTZ...I uhh...never mind.
Hey, Knutz where are you located in town? I'm north and west of Three Peaks on 20ac.
I'm over by the Animal Hospital off of 56

Well, all the folks on here buying Chicom stuff is not helping.......
I'm not and will always refuse to . My tools earn myself and family a living . :encourage:

Well, all the folks on here buying Chicom stuff is not helping.......
I can not possible agree with you more. I am guilty of buying Chinese tooling but most times my decision is made on cost. I don't want to but that's what happens. Everything has gone up sometimes as much as 100 or more percent.

Like I have said in the past, If you threw away everything on your property that was made in China, You would be sitting on the floor reading a book. You buy an American car it's made out of mostly Chinese and Mexican parts.

Greedy corporations and our Gov sold us out in the 80's. And then they gave us Nafta. Our standard of living was kept reasonably good through cheap imported goods. They aren't that cheap anymore.

Like it or not, We are all in a Global economy now. As a hobbyist I have a mixture of US made stuff and imported stuff. I can't afford to buy 125.00 boxes of inserts that are made by Kennemetal and say USA but who knows where they really make them? I see a lot of assembled in USA stuff, Which means the components are Chinese and someone here puts it together.

Those who say they only buy American, Show me your cordless tools, Not one of them are Made in USA anymore. Milwaukee, DeWalt, Bosch, Porter Cable ETC. All are made in Asia or Mexico. They aren't giving them away either.

Those who say they only buy American, Show me your cordless tools, Not one of them are Made in USA anymore. Milwaukee, DeWalt, Bosch, Porter Cable ETC. All are made in Asia or Mexico. They aren't giving them away either.
Well said. We no longer have a viable choice.

And sadly not of the same quality

Ive brought this up before.

The whole "Cheap Chinese crap" mentality has fallen off IMO. Yes you are still supporting quasi communists (They are no longer real communists) and while not actually hurting American company's any longer, not helping them either.

The "Hurting" is over (Its dead Jim) and looking at it from a home shop or even small business side, things have really never been better.

Think about how much more capacity to fix or make things you would pay dearly to buy or pay to have fixed than home shop guys had in the past.

I always wanted a home shop, so Ive been playing this game for a loooong time, 35yrs or better. I've bought things that were actual JUNK which was frequent back 30yrs ago, a real crapshoot.

Today you can get a product that is nearly as good as old school equipment for pennies on the dollar. I remember scraping a couple hundred dollars together (When a couple hundred was big money)to buy an Aloris style tool post and holders from Enco. These were $300 or so and roughly 1/3 of what the actual product cost.

Now you can get similar quality for $150.

I look at some of the prized things I bought over the years only to find them looking like hammered dog **** and seeing NEW ones available for 1/10th the cost of what I paid used.

Cake/Eat it.

Back