Spacer for HoverCraft

Charley Davidson

Active User
Registered
I made this spacer today for my friends hovercraft. Faced it an my mill in the rotary table then chucked it in the 4 jaw and bored the center hole & chucked it back in the rotary table to do the bolt holes. Counter bored 3 holes for bolt head clearance. I did make a little boo boo but was not anything to bad, started my first hole too far outboard and had to use an endmill to get it relocated.

spacer (1).jpg spacer (2).jpg spacer (3).jpg

looks pretty good charley and there wasnt much room on the outside or no one would see the booboo
steve

Remade the spacer for the hovercraft, Milled the pockets for the hidden bolts out the side this time, also milled a pocket in the center dia. for clearance of a key way that I did not know existed. Used my Draft Sight cad program to figure the bolt hole pattern this time instead of trying to tranfer them with a punch in those wobbled out holes of the original. Used my rotary table how it was intended instead using my poor eyesight :nuts:

Turned out perfect this time.

Spacer remake (1).jpg Spacer remake (2).jpg

Nicely done! It's making me think that it must be time to get a different set of friends though - none of my friends has a hovercraft. :(

-Ron

OOOH I see the problem from the first time ! You left your glasses on the table. :lmao:
Job well done!
dickr

Back