South Bend 10 Heavy push button switch and relay wiring help needed!

I don't think I'm going to be able to help you with that- I've looked and looked and can't find any info anywhere on that system
Frankly it would be easier to draw up a diagram and install two new contactors with the old pushbuttons if you wanted a retro look
Hopefully someone with that same machine will chime in on the hookup
Thanks! I appreciate you trying!

I couldn’t find any info anywhere either. If I could at least figure out where the supply power is suppose to hook up I could probably step by step make my way through it, but nothing is marked on any of these terminals so I’m at a loss. I’m sure the whip coming out the bottom is for the motor, but there wasn’t any wires going out the back of the box for supply power.

Maybe I can find a part number on those contractors to figure out the terminals, that would help a ton

What I do know is that if it was wired for reversing there would have been 4 wires to the motor not 2
but I don't see any traces of wire stubs or flying wires to give any clue- there's so many terminals and I'm not well versed on starters-
contactors yes but haven't much experience with starters, especially real old ones
The other thing is that two of the transformer wires must go to power and it looks like a few of them have labels
-M

What I do know is that if it was wired for reversing there would have been 4 wires to the motor not 2
but I don't see any traces of wire stubs or flying wires to give any clue- there's so many terminals and I'm not well versed on starters-
contactors yes but haven't much experience with starters, especially real old ones
The other thing is that two of the transformer wires must go to power and it looks like a few of them have labels
-M
Ok, that’s still good useful info, I haven’t been back to the shop lately to get more photos. But will as soon as I go by there

Back