Some pictures of the PM 835

So do you already have a mill up and running, I just have a small horzional burke

Yeah I did get the hold down clamp kit. I wish I would have got the big collet set from them. I just got the 11 piece. With everything I have going on in my shop now the mill will mostly have the duty of precision hole placement tool for awhile.
The ER-style collet approach seems to make sense to me rather than the 5Cs--less expensive and more flexible?

The ER-style collet approach seems to make sense to me rather than the 5Cs--less expensive and more flexible?
Probably right. What did you use to adapt to those? All I've ever had access to was the 5c stuff with old Bridgeports. Thee dro's from PM are actually really good. You will be happy!

why are thinking about 5c when the mill is r8 its best to get a end mill holder for any heavy cutting but other than that i always try to keep things as short as possible, but yes i would like to have some er20 and er25 sizes to hold all the odd ball stuff

why are thinking about 5c when the mill is r8 its best to get a end mill holder for any heavy cutting but other than that i always try to keep things as short as possible, but yes i would like to have some er20 and er25 sizes to hold all the odd ball stuff
Dang my bad! I have been looking at lathe chucks that use 5C. The ER stuff looks handy to change out tools and collets but I agree that keeping things as short as possible is a plus with the standard R8 collets. Having a mill with a brake that works and people haven't beat up makes for pretty quick R8 collet changes in my experience.

Have you found out when you machine going to show up I had ordered mine 11/16/17 and I am egerly awaiting it's arvial

i talked to nicole this afternoon she said they are getting things ready for shiping and they have been making sure everthing is good to go my guess it will get her in middle of a snowstorm that would be normal for me

Yeah that sounds like my luck too except it never snows in Kansas anymore! I ordered mine November 20. They take a bit to ship. My lathe took about 2 weeks but it was around Thanksgiving. Not a bad turn around time for a 2800 lb chunk.

Back