Some people are STUPID... Seems like I keep saying this more and more...

It doesn't take any functional intelligence at all to procreate. None. All you gotta do is rub some body parts together. It's a cruel joke on those who try to do right.

My wife tried for years to teach high school math to other people's kids. After smartphones hit the mainstream, the students became drooling vegetables. After COVID, they became drooling vegetables with explosive behavior problems enabled by angry entitled parents who make threats and treat teachers like wait staff. It's awesome in the literal sense.

I've done some stupid things in my life. Hopefully I've learned a few things along the way. But there are times I think we coddle people a little too much trying to "keep them safe", and it becomes a circular expectation. Some people need to learn that mass media (common example) is not always safe, reliable, and intelligent. In other words, expecting everyone else to think for them is the true stupidity.

Darwinism is Natures way of weeding out the less fit and was the working norm for many millennia. Unfortunately, we take the position that the weaker have to be protected. A noble thought but the unintended consequence is that the weak thrive. In the case of homo sapiens, weakness is not so much about physical strength but more about mental acuity.

I have maintained for many decades that being educated doesn't mean that one is smart. I had a college professor that had a masters in physics that was really stupid, both professionally and in every day life. I had a late friend that only had an eighth grade education but was a very wise woman.

IMO, we seem to be glorifying stupid in recent times. The internet and social media has exacerbated the problem as anyone can go on line and post whatever garbage they choose with no effective means of regulation. Posted and reposted enough times and it becomes the defacto truth.

I mourn for our future as a species.

Follow up... I just found out that the people will not be charged.. Amazing. Stupid and lucky.

My wife tried for years to teach high school math to other people's kids. After smartphones hit the mainstream, the students became drooling vegetables. After COVID, they became drooling vegetables with explosive behavior problems enabled by angry entitled parents who make threats and treat teachers like wait staff.
That sucks. I was thinking, while Rabler was typing, that we’ve really failed our young people. There’s plenty of excellent high performing kids coming down the pipeline. But if it’s true that some majority of young people are poorly equipped to deal with how to operate well in society, we have nobody to blame but ourselves.
I will say though, there was a time you couldn’t get through a news report without hearing about those darn lazy millennials. It seemed accurate at the time. But I don’t think they’re doing too bad these days. We’ll get through it, men! Lol

Well, more stupid people. My wife told me about this , this morning. A British tourist thought a bear wanted to be friendly and rolled down her window to take a selfie, the bear mauled her. So stupid isn't just a USA thing, it's all over (boy do I feel better now... NOT). Yea, everyone thinks predators are coming over to be friendly.. OMG. enough said... STUPID PEOPLE OF THE WORLD, UNITE, Please all join in the Sahara Desert, were Dessert will be served .. :) There will be plenty of fresh drinks.

Oh, Please tell me there will be ice cold beverages and ice cream at the Sahara Desert meet up......

Back