Sleeve Bushing O.d For Press Fit?

Kroll

Active User
H-M Supporter Gold Member
Guys I have order a sleeve bushing with O.D of 1.375,the bore that it needs to fit in is also 1.375. Is this correct size for a press fit or interference fit?I don't know the difference between the two but what would be best?I think that just needs to slide in and maybe a little dab of Loctite just to keep it in place and keep it stationary.Yep its for the Colchester lathe.Please do voice your opinion,learning as I go----kroll
Here's story behind the question http://www.hobby-machinist.com/threads/oil-seal-for-the-colchester.44154/

Last edited:
did you google it? it says for a 1 inch diameter an interference fit is .001- .002, 2 inch is .004. use green Loctite to hold it in place, its made for this application. whats the bushing for? what kind of force will it have on it? need some details

btw it says the average for 1 inch is .0015, tight fit is in the tenths range

Guys I have order a sleeve bushing with O.D of 1.375,the bore that it needs to fit in is also 1.375. Is this correct size for a press fit or interference fit?

Sounds like it will be a sliding fit. Unless the bushing is slightly oversized.

if it's not an interference fit, knurl or scuff up the OD of the bushing and add a dab of loctite, then it'll hold just fine.

Fantastic guys,thanks for the ideal of knurl the OD.Dang I did not even give it a though about googling .

Back