Siemens Motor Circuit Breaker

Scra99tch

H-M Supporter - Sustaining Member
H-M Platinum Supporter
Just a quick question on an older vintage Siemens thermal bi-metal circuit breaker. Does anyone know what the lugs that are off the the ends below the terminals for power and motor are?

I had a breaker that I was not getting my 400v from one of the terminals. I took it out and labeled the wires, there are two brown wires top and bottom that I want to say link the other breakers and contactors they are set below the main terminals. This link is I believe used for the sequential operation of the buttons, i.e. turn on work head, turn on hydraulics, turn on grinding wheel, and finally coolant.

Question is do you know what these are called or what they are for? Are they used as NO/NC, I'll have to double check their routing to try and figure them out.

This is a neat little mechanical machine. Ultimatley one of the wires on the coils is burnt out. I cannot access it unless I drill out the rivets holding the thing together. If I do that I fear that springs will let loose and I'll never get it back together.

breaker1.jpg

So the brown one comming from the bottom of that breaker goes right next door to I believe is the grinding wheel breaker same terminal position. The top brown wire looks to me like it goes into the machine, which I will have to trace out.

Back