Sieg C6 Lathe Small Mods (grizzly G0516, Hare & Forbes Al-60)

Jim Dobson

Active User
Registered
Bit of a video on my Sieg C6 Lathe (Grizzly G0516 in the U.S, Hare & Forbes AL-60 in Australia) showing a few small mods that I have done to it, thanks for looking.

Seems that you and I have the only models of this lathe on this forum. Mine has been sitting in the back of my van for three months as I bought an engine crane to shift it into my shed, but the crane is too wide to go through my gate so I am in the process of putting castors on the base of the lathe to move it. Turning in the back of a van is a little cramped but it is portable.

They are a popular lathe worldwide, but yes, on this forum as scarce as the much touted Dodo :)

A question about your tool holder. Did it come with the lathe or did you buy it seperately? What is the brand and is it a good holder?
John

Hi John,
I bought it from Hare & Forbes when I purchased the lathe -

https://www.machineryhouse.com.au/L280

Its the Dickson type and I was able to buy more holders on eBay for cheaper than the $49 H&F wanted.

I couldn't go back to normal 4 way tool post after using a quick change,

• Thanks for the info Jim. Here is the POS semi quick toolpost that came with my [second hand] lathe. Useless. I will visit Hare & Forbes when I have the lathe properly set up. Thanks again,
  • John.

IMG_0304.JPG

Thanks for posting the video. I have an old atlas 618 lathe but I will try to remember some of your mods. The Esso sticker brings back memories. they changed to exxon over here. My dad used to buy his gas at an Esso station when I was a kid, I have gray hair now.

Thanks for the comments.....Yes Esso has changed over to Exxon down here in Australia as well.

Another C6 owner here, complete with the QCTP that the OP has.
I also have the Sieg SX3 mill drill (converted to CNC)

Back