Show Us your Welders!

There are some cool looking welders here. Here's my 1960 Sears Craftsman OXY/ACET set. I bought it over 25 years ago and used it on a hobby bases up until 5 years ago. Only because I haven't had access to welding gas until now (I won a set of tanks, with papers at an auction yesterday).

GAS WELD KIT6.jpg GAS WELD KIT5.jpg TORCH.JPG

My daily driver is a crafstman wire feed welder, not worth showing. And I have an old oxy/'settlin torch.

But you guys might like this: it's a long-reach resistive spot welder that I made out of microwave oven transformers and scrap wire. It puts out over 3,000A and will spot weld steel up 1/8" thick.

20150415_172827_resized.jpg
20150414_132545_resized.jpg 20150416_063503_resized.jpg 20150416_073826_resized.jpg

I made it so that I could make this; a portable console for a training simulator that I designed:

20150419_152930_resized.jpg
20150416_075633_resized.jpg 20150416_085420_resized.jpg 20150419_154502_resized.jpg

All,
I'm glad to see that there is an interest in vintage welders. There are some cool looking ones, just like cool looking milling machines, vises, etc. Over the past 3 years, I've bought I sold several AC welders. I thought that I'd share pictures of some of them.
The Airco (first picture) was my favorite AC buzz box because it had infinite settings and it was only 12" tall.
The Hobart ACDC LX (next to last picture), is my current stick welder. It's a joy to use. I plan to order a new face plate for it, to make it look as close to new as I can.

AIRCO1.jpg AOS WELDER1.jpg COLORMATIC WELDER1.jpg FORNEY WELDER1.jpg MW WELDER1.JPG HOBART ACDC LX.jpg ARC WELDER.JPG

Pardon all the dust/dirt but here's a few of ours.
Miller 350p with spool gun
Hypertherm powermax 105
Miller bobcat 225
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Here are my machines.
nprhao.jpg

From left to right, Miller Dynasty DX300 TigRunner, Miller MM251, ESAB PCM-875 plasma cutter on cart and under the cart is my Miller Passport.

Mike.

nprhao.jpg

nprhao.jpg

nprhao.jpg

nprhao.jpg

nprhao.jpg

How do you guys like those everlast welders? Especially the powerpro TIG/Stick/Plasma? That welder has been on my wish list for 2yrs or so.
I like mine a lot. It has a very stable, smooth arc, and is easy to use. I very rarely use the stick or plasma features. Mostly AC/DC TIG.

I bought a small air cooled torch to go along with the behemoth water cooled torch that came with the unit. It works great up to 150 amps, and is much easier to control. I do more small welding than large, but I have cranked it up a couple of times welding large aluminum castings.

GG

Sent using Tapatalk from someplace deep inside the garage

Not to be outclassed by all the new-fangled stuff, here's mine- I just got it, haven't hooked it up yet, but I tested it at the seller's house and it does great beads. Been in his family for decades he said, built 3 trailers with it and a bunch of other stuff...It's older than me!DSCN0232.JPG DSCN0233.JPG

Back