Show me your DRO scale mounts please.

Here is the Y axis on my Kent 380

yjegu8em.jpg

This all I have of the X axis

epuhyzed.jpg

The Z axis I will pull the cover and take a few pictures. I had to machine mounts from scratch for this. The ones supplied with DRO were of no use.

6e7ynury.jpg

sent from my hand held hickymajig

Hi: I mounted these Sharz scales on my Grizzly G1007 a while back, and liked them enough to by a 3 axis set for my (arriving Friday) 1971 Bridgeport Jhead. I started by drilling and tapping the back of the table for the x axis hanger and mounting it. Then I found a piece of aluminum that happened to be the right width to line up the reading head with the scale (I also could drill it to match two existing 1/4 x 20 holes in the back of the base for the bolts that hold the way cover in place. I know what you're thinking, and no, the rubber doesn't affect the alignment of the scale to the reader.). Then I attached the scale and reader to the brackets.
1.JPG2.JPG3.JPG'

I decided that I liked keeping the reader and cable stationary, so I cut a carrier out of 1/4 inch plate and drilled. Then I drilled and tapped 1/4 x 20 holes in the end of the table, mounted the hanger and mounting brackets, and aligned with the base. Next I cut and drilled a piece of angle for the reader mount, and drilled and tapped holes for 1/4 x 20 set/grub screws to level against the uneven side of the mill base. I drilled and tapped 1/4 x 20 holes in the base and mounted and squared the bracket. Then I mounted the scale and reader.

4.JPG5.JPG6.JPG

Next I attached the covers, mounted the control panel bracket and readout, and attached the cables.

7.JPG9.JPG

These scales have proven to be as accurate as I will ever need, and are about 1/3 what you would pay for an Accurite, Fagor, or Newall.

1.JPG 2.JPG 3.JPG 4.JPG 5.JPG 6.JPG 7.JPG 9.JPG

Last edited:
Back