Should I Purchase This Logan?

did you get the dividing head with chuck that you had pictured with the lathe? welcome to the Logan owners------Dave

Northern IL. I haven't looked at the gears for quite some time, but I seem to recall that I have all but one gear. I would have to check to see which one is missing. Not having the gears isn't just a threading issue, it controls you're feed rates also. I really haven't used a change gear machine very much so I don't know how many gears you would need to do most of your work. I do know that most of time I stay in a fairly narrow band of gears on my qc box for turning. Threading is a different story.

Northern IL. I haven't looked at the gears for quite some time, but I seem to recall that I have all but one gear. I would have to check to see which one is missing. Not having the gears isn't just a threading issue, it controls you're feed rates also. I really haven't used a change gear machine very much so I don't know how many gears you would need to do most of your work. I do know that most of time I stay in a fairly narrow band of gears on my qc box for turning. Threading is a different story.

Well I like to have everything I can for it ahah I also just found out one of my reverse gears is no good. But if you end up looking at those gears let me know! If you want to sell shoot me a price. I'm only up in Michigan

20160205_183316.jpg Here's a pic of the gears. If I get time tomorrow I'll get the tooth count on them. You can pm me and I'll give you my phone # if you're interested in them. I've just kept them around in case a change gear machine shows up on my door step....but that won't happen until the day after I sell the gears. LOL

Back