Shop clock

IHinIN

Registered
Registered
A 24” gear was scrapped at work so I was able to save it from the scrap bin and I built a clock for my shop. The wood is rough cut cedar tongue and groove and the numbers are hand bent copper wire. IMG_8592.jpeg

Nice project with both wood and metal! Then, if you ever need a gear for some home project, you will always know where you put it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A 24” gear was scrapped at work so I was able to save it from the scrap bin and I built a clock for my shop. The wood is rough cut cedar tongue and groove and the numbers are hand bent copper wire. View attachment 471979
Very nice!

My shop clocks are more mundane and took way less effort or talent:

IMG_6460_Radiant_Photo.jpeg
Battery operated (and not too accurate) 30+ year old gift from the regional cable company before they got swallowed up by Comcast/Xfinity.

IMG_6459_Radiant_Photo.jpeg
Chelsea USN 6” 45+ year old excess property: keeps excellent time when I remember to wind it; otherwise it is only right twice a day (which still makes it more accurate than the other one).

Thanks.

I like that Chelsea. What is the F/S near 3:00 for? Does it indicate whether the ship is floating or sinking?

Very nice!

My shop clocks are more mundane and took way less effort or talent:

View attachment 472003
Battery operated (and not too accurate) 30+ year old gift from the regional cable company before they got swallowed up by Comcast/Xfinity.

View attachment 472005
Chelsea USN 6” 45+ year old excess property: keeps excellent time when I remember to wind it; otherwise it is only right twice a day (which still makes it more accurate than the other one).
I like the naval one, I would forget to wind it though.
I had a wind up next to my bed when I was a kid, but electricity has helped a great deal.

I like the naval one, I would forget to wind it though.
One of the duties my Quatermasters had was to wind all of the clocks (and to make sure the ones in the Wardroom and the Captain's Cabins were set to match the one on the Bridge every day).

Back