Shipping nothing ever changes duh

Dejoy, the guy running USPS is doing everything he can to kill it. So I think that is a big part of the problem. Mike
It has been going on for long before he had the position.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

All mail here in Pendleton, Or. that goes to Pendleton must go to Portland, Or. first, a 400mile round trip. At least, we get our money's worth.

Have something like this in Ohio too. Put mail in my box to go to town or the next town over and it goes clear to Columbus, 90 plus miles away ! When I asked one of the higher ups they said everything was getting screened for toxic substances and that could not be done locally. Whatever.....

The first is when the container was unloaded by the freight company. From there the contents went to the shipping company. The third is where your individual package was handed off to the US shipper. Pretty standard for international freight.

Near Silverlake we have a post office in Toutle about 1 mile away. But they are a manual (no computer) location. They can not send anything internationally. I send a lot of transmission parts to New Zealand, Australia, UK ect. I have tried shipping online but the prices are way high as opposed to going to the post office 11 miles away.

So what I have to do for anything international is package it up, drive to Castle Rock 11 miles away, get a shipping cost, then email the cost to the customer. Usually takes about a day for the customer to get back to due to the time difference. Then when they pay me it's back to Castle Rock to ship it. So to ship one international package it's 44 miles total.

I've complained to the post office but they said there is no money to upgrade the local office with a computer.

I had a package make its way all the way to "out for delivery" status here in central Oregon before suddenly being sent straight to Michigan. Another one went to Texas.

I just learned about this yesterday :oops:

Back