Sharp lathe tools!! Ouch

I'm diabetic on top of all the nicks and dings I get in the shop. I was watching the vampire draw blood @ the Doc's office. She commented that most people look away rather than study the insertion. Needles and blood no longer bother me, too much practice.

I'm diabetic on top of all the nicks and dings I get in the shop. I was watching the vampire draw blood @ the Doc's office. She commented that most people look away rather than study the insertion. Needles and blood no longer bother me, too much practice.
I'm kind of the same way. I give myself a shot every two weeks in the thigh.
Needles don't bother me much anymore.
I have to say though, the first time I stuck myself, I was a bit anxious.

I've been toying around with the idea of having a first aid set in the shop. That would avoid the tell tale trail of blood drops going into the bathroom.
You should. It's sensible, and convenient when you just want to grab a bandaid and keep going... I keep the type you see in a lot of offices - bandaids and aspirin. I've augmented it a bit, but it's really about the bandaids.

I had to get stitched up 3 weeks ago at work. Nice slice that got me 5 stitches. All good now. The guys left me some notes.
f5f84b4076221bafce96696fab9bda2c.jpg

7174865a72ea85680e77f40631a5f732.jpg

Cutting oil is my blood.
I would have put them on the rag, acetone bottle, door knob, your lunch container…..

But I’m generous like that.

I would have put them on the rag, acetone bottle, door knob, your lunch container…..

But I’m generous like that.

I like that. Prussian blue on underside of toolbox drawer pulls is a go too of yours I bet.

Cutting oil is my blood.

I like that. Prussian blue on underside of toolbox drawer pulls is a go too of yours I bet.

Cutting oil is my blood.
Depends on the recipient.

String crackers are my goto.

Saran wrap over the toilet bowl is more my style. Although landmines like that don't always strike their intended targets.

Back