Serious - Curious Group

It's a go, please start checking in What you need to do is there It is simple and painless. Just follow the lead. ALL are welcome to join.

Thank You;

"Billy G"

Let me rephrase that. The group has started Go to member groups and join. ALL are welcomed to participate.

"Billy G"

Six members so far. Nice turnout. It will grow quickly I am sure.

"Billy G"

There are 9 members now. Great start. This is not mandatory . but would those who have not done so please go back and introduce yourselves and briefly state whether you are a collector or other reason. This will help us to get to know each other better. Thank you.

"Billy G"

I didn't look at this post initially because the title was ambiguous (I didn't know it had to do with Machinerys Handbook) but I'm definitely interested in discussing matters in the book.

I tried reading it from cover to cover but it's kind of tedius without more illustrations. But I realize its value and usefulness, I just need to basically know more to appreciate it.

I can't recall the issue but I think mine is 17th edition? Anyway, it is pre-CNC (I don't really care for CNC anyway).

I actually rescued my book from the trash at an engineering firm (I guess they had newer editions and didn't particularly value the book), so I have a special fondness for that book as it's a rescue.

There is a question in there for the new guys to the Handbook.

"Billy G"

Sounds like a great idea. Every time I open that book I learn something. I'm still amazed how my Dad could remember information from that book, right down to the page number that it was on. I guess that comes form being a tool and die maker for 50 years.

When I was a child I was looking at his Machinerys' Handbook. He watched me for a while and finally told me that if I could manage to memorize everything in that book I could go anywhere for a job an tell them how much I wanted to be paid. I'm still working on the memorizing part....

I have 4. One was my fathers, the other my brothers, and even one my Mom used. I come from a family of chip makers...

Back