Serious - Curious Group

B

Bill Gruby

Forum Guest
Register Today
I was talking to Ullma Doctor last night and came up with an idea for a new group. It would be for Collectors of Machinerys' Handbooks but not limited to just Collectors. The Curious would be welcomed also. For the Collectors it would provide a wider range of contacts to obtain the needed Handbooks. For the Curious it would provide an open option for questions on how the Handbook is used and also how some of the data was arrived at.

What do all of you think of this idea.

"Billy G"

Off topic already, that didn't take long. :lmao: Thank you for the input Richard. Let's stay on track here it's about starting a group on the Machinery' Handbook.. You are more than welcomed to join. Again Thank you.

"Billy G"

You know... I think there's merit to that idea of a group. Please pardon the analogy, it's not meant in an offensive way but, it would be akin to a bible study group. People could benefit from learning how to read it and look things up to solve problems. Something about: Give a man a fish and he eats for a day; teach him to fish and he eats for a lifetime...

Ray

I think it is an excellent idea, As well as folks on the forum gathering knowledge, there is something nice about looking through a book and getting your own information, from a tangible item one holds in their own hands, electronic retrieval systems, are super, (And I won't knock them) But books are sacred, a group sounds another good & valuable addition to H.M.

Loaning books is not always a smart idea, As I have on occasions discovered to my cost!! Even people you think you would trust with your life frequently "lose" the book or do not take care of it whilst in their so called care

Bill,

I don't actually own a copy yet (It's on the short list) but I have an idea that might make this a little less specific.
What if the group were a slightly more generic 'Books and Documentation'. Then you could start a specific thread for 'Machinery Handbook Collectors'. Yes it will likely get a little polluted, but almost every thread does. But it would also allow threads for other types of books, or machine documentation that may not be machine specific (where it would go into the machine specific groups).

I'm not for or against your idea, just thinking out loud.

Bill,

I don't actually own a copy yet (It's on the short list) but I have an idea that might make this a little less specific.
What if the group were a slightly more generic 'Books and Documentation'. Then you could start a specific thread for 'Machinery Handbook Collectors'. Yes it will likely get a little polluted, but almost every thread does. But it would also allow threads for other types of books, or machine documentation that may not be machine specific (where it would go into the machine specific groups).

I'm not for or against your idea, just thinking out loud.

As said in the first post. This group is primarily for the Collectors of the Machinerys' Handbook. The Curious can join in also and get any and all of their questions answered about the use of the book. The group is to provide a new link to getting the missing editions of Collections. I do not wish to start a forum, this is a special interest group.

"Billy G"

Count me in I have two:
Machinery's Handbook 17th edition 1964
Audels Machinists and tool makers Handy Book copyright 1942
I'll help anyway I can.
*******Just Saying**************G****************

my words here are just a repeat to Bill's great idea he sent my way last night..

I'M IN !!!!!!!

I'm in I have a lot of them was trying to get them all but haven't done anything lately.

Paul

Back