Sears Roebuck / Dunlap Power Hacksaw

Lots of power hacksaws this week! Love it- cool stand

What size blades does it have?

Bernie

Lots of power hacksaws this week! Love it- cool stand

What size blades does it have?

Bernie

You can fit them with 10-12" hack saw blades but really that is too flimsy a blde for the machine. A 12" x 1" is sold by Lennox or Starrett which is better suited to the machine.

You can fit them with 10-12" hack saw blades but really that is too flimsy a blde for the machine. A 12" x 1" is sold by Lennox or Starrett which is better suited to the machine.

Absolutely. I have a little portable (literally) power hacksaw, and my one gripe is the small 10 inch blades. I am thinking of adapting it to take 12 inch blades if I can make it solid.

Bernie

OK, here are pictures if the one I just bought. As you can see it needs a lot of work. I plan on doing it this winter. I really like the stand, I kind of wish there were plans out there.

000_0478 copy.jpg 000_0479 copy.jpg 000_0480 copy.jpg

fastback, I hate to be a downer, but that saw is missing some critical, nnd I think difficult to find pieces.

Uncle Buck, you may be right about the missing parts, but I'm going to give it a try anyway. You know, nothing ventured nothing gained.

At this point, I have degreased and bead blasted most of the parts. It seems to be in decent shape (considering the missing parts). You know when you come down to it the parts that are missing are only the weight (which is very doable). The part that will take the most time reproducing will be the vice. I look at it as a challenge. I will keep my eyes open for a reasonable replacement if not I'll build my own.

BTW, I'll start a new thread for the rebuild.

Paul

Back