Scrap Yard Score

Charley Davidson

Active User
Registered
picked this mini chopper up at the scrap yard about 3 weeks ago for under $50.00 & just got some time to mess with it, the first thing I always do even if there are no carbs is squirt some starting fluid in them and see if they will fire, this one did so I continued on. It runs but I think I need a fuel filter as it quits in short time even after cleaning the carb pretty good. It is redneck fast, has a 4 speed tranny, 4 stroke motor and will hurt you. Gonna try and flip it tomorrow at a swap meet. How about $400?

It's a Merk & made in Canada but not much info on the web about it.

DSC01598.JPG DSC01597.JPG

nice find for 50
if it has a carb bowl take it off and see if you're gettin crud into the main jet, it happened to me .

What??! No way! How cool!! Only $400 for that?

Bernie

For some reason I thought yesterday was Friday & I was out of time working on it but I realised I was looking at the alarm date on my phone and not the real date :nuts:

Right now I don't have a filter on it but going to do so today, the main jet was clogged on it and may be again. When I did get it running for about an hour I found out it is not a toy for real young or inexperienced kids, I think it will run about 50

It's a semi automatic (no clutch) something like the old Honda 50/70 trails. With it not ideling when I kick it in gear it will come out from under me.

Sold every single thing I took to the swap meet today except this mini chopper, I could have sold it but I was not willing to take less than $250.00

Pretty good day

That mini Chopper is bad-ass. It looks to be really well made! I think $400 is very fair for that little machine. I wish I was 12 yrs old again, I'd have been the coolest kid on the block with that thing. :))

If you fashioned a black vinyl seat for it, you could probably get $500 for it.

Marcel

All I can think is you have a very cool scrap yard. Down here there aren't any places like that. I'm envious.

All I can think is you have a very cool scrap yard. Down here there aren't any places like that. I'm envious.

Where I live also, they used to be good here till the old owner sold out and some big assed outfit came in and bought the yard and hauled it all to the melting pot,:angry:
Color me green with envy Chuck.

Wait till you see what I'm bringing home Monday, You'll really be ticked. But you can blame it on Benny as he arranged it.

Back