SB 13 inch on craigslist

porthos

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
there is a 13 in on pitsburgh (Pa.) craigslist. has single tumbler and comes with taper attachment. this is the 2nd time it has been posted. asking price is $1800.00

Not enough info to go on.

3 pictures of the back of the lathe and one very bad pic of the front...

I'm not sure they really want to sell it.

-Bear

well guys; you can always contact the seller for more information. or, just go on this thread and make complaints. i guess that just gives you something to do.

well guys; you can always contact the seller for more information. or, just go on this thread and make complaints. i guess that just gives you something to do.

I'm assuming that you are the seller?

Sorry, but when I advertise something, I try to post an ad that creates interest in the item... the ad should make an effort to answer the more common questions...

Three pics of the back and, effectively, none of the front leaves an impression that there is something 'wrong' with the machine... something is being 'hidden'...

You basically eliminate a large part of your customer base immediately... it's the same reason why ads with no pictures rarely sell anything... if the seller isn't willing to put effort into the ad, why should a buyer put any effort into asking for more information?

I apologize if I've offended anyone... it's just a 'pet peeve' of mine...

-Bear

i am not the seller of the lathe. i own a heavy 10. i was just trying to give a heads up to those on this site. and, 682bear; since you are from georgia my guess is that you really have no interest in this lathe pet peeve or not.

i am not the seller of the lathe. i own a heavy 10. i was just trying to give a heads up to those on this site. and, 682bear; since you are from georgia my guess is that you really have no interest in this lathe pet peeve or not.

You are correct... I do not... but I have driven to upstate New York to buy a lathe before...

If you aren't the seller, why so defensive? It's no reflection on you...?

-Bear

well, it is a moot point now. the lathe is no longer on craiglist. i don't think that i am defensive. maybe the pictures and description are the best that the seller can do. like i said, all that it takes is a message for more info!!

Back