Sandox Michilin Pro MP350 Spin Fixture Info?

akjeff

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
After a total failure at searching on line, thought I'd see if one of you experienced grinding hands may have any info on this punch grinder/spin fixture I just bought on eBay. It seems really well made, and the spindle is silky smooth, with no end play, and very little runout radially or the surface of the faceplate. Locking index every 15 degrees. Everything is in really nice condition, and came with a radius dressing arm for the v-block as well. Has a couple of odd things, which is likely why the decent price compared to a Grind-All or Master-Grind in like condition. The center height of the spindle is 80.44mm/3.167", and the mounting holes on the base plate are on 3.5" centers. Maybe it was built for some specific purpose? Just curious if any of you guys have even heard of this company? Should work great on my little Harig 612. I'd just have to make a tailstock if I ever need one( or make a new baseplate to lower the center height to a standard 3.00" ) Hopefully I didn't get screwed. It certainly looks and feels like a good quality tool. Thanks guys.
IMG_1502 copy.jpg

IMG_1501 copy.JPG

IMG_1500.JPG

Never seen one, looks nice- is it Jandox or Sandox?
Really nicely made. I think it's Sandox, but may be wrong. That's what it was listed as by the eBay seller. I did find a post on PM from years ago, from someone searching for info on this same make/model, and he got zero replies. His had an oddball spindle height that was expressed in millimeters as well( his was 80.57mm ). May be from overseas?? I think I did OK on it st $275. Only pain in the butt, is that it won't play nice with any accessories like a tailstock from Harig or Suburban, ertc.....as they are all 3.00". Will have to roll my own when the need arises.

They're made in Taiwan or China. All over Amazon and eBay.

They're made in Taiwan or China. All over Amazon and eBay.
Started getting more hits, once I realized the damn autocorrect was changing Michilin to Michelin. All I was getting was tire ads!

Back