Sanding block question

Well this is about it right now. I've a ways to....most sanding now. I do have a bluing room and I do have color case hardening stuff. I've done quite a bit of both. But I'm also finishing a addon to my bluing room. I need to finish wiring and inside wall paneling....so that will take a bit. I will get this rifle done but it will be a bit. I'm old and I take my time.....I 'll try to post this when done, if a lion or grizzly don't get me first.1000001224.jpg1000001225.jpg1000001226.jpg

The rifle is a winchester 1886. I added the takedown option and it will be in 50 jrh which is the s&w 500 magnum short. The barrel is 19 inches.

I have a nice piece of land and I see more animals than people. There are lots of critters.......grizzlies, lions, moose and a few wolves. I wanted a carry rifle with short barrel....something quick if needed. I carry a firearm here 24/7.

GOD has truly blessed my wife and I.

Permagrit...............

I've built model airplanes for more than 40 years. Some of my Permagrit sanders are ancient and still work perfectly.

draw file first then wet sand. buy 3-m or sandvik paper

As far as sandpaper, I can only speak from experience but I work at a shop that also has a body shop. They don’t use the most expensive 3M sandpaper but what they use is night and day compared to what you can buy at the box stores. They mostly use a brand called sungold abrasives I believe is the name. I have had good luck with any of the name brands like 3M, Mirka, even the sungold off of Amazon is not bad stuff

Back