Sandia's Over Crowded Shop

It appears we all have different definitions of "crowded." :whistle:

My workshop is an old 50' reefer trailer, so most of my stuff will get lined up along one wall. There's a place or two it gets a little crowded for the moment, as in turn sideways to slide between the huge stack of totes and the metal shelving on the other side of the trailer, but I'm slowly getting it all cleaned out. Got a bunch of free pallets from work, so I'll be able to build an elevated crib outside the shop for the stuff that doesn't care about the weather, but I want to keep off the ground. Also contemplating building a little free-standing shed outside of the shop to hold the big vertical air compressor. It'll keep the noise outside, too. :)

Sandia, your shop isn't crowded. I can still see bare concrete, walls behind the machines, and enough room to run a handtruck between everything. I think you need another mill, two more lathes, a surface grinder, and a big Cincinnati shaper to help tighten that place up.

Other than the forlorn looking empty spaces between the machines, it's an awesome looking shop. But what's the use of a concrete floor if it isn't holding up a machine?

Thanks for all the positive replys guys. Actually what you are looking at are mostly the surrounding wall areas, you didn't see the middle of the shop floor. My F250 is parked in there as well as a little Farmall Cub tractor I am restoring and a car lift with my streetrod (1940 Ford Coupe). I will have to take some pics of it and post.

Thanks again, and I am grateful to have a nice shop (except in the summer down here when the heat factor gets up around 115 degrees).

Bob

You have a lot of great equipment...and a lot of floor space. My shop is a 2 car garage, with half for a 1945 Jeep and a 2003 Honda 750 motorcycle. I will say that the wood working gets done in the driveway, but the machine work stays in the shop. Normally, I have to walk sideways to get to the various work areas that are set up. However, I wouldn't have it any other way.

Happy trails!

Back