S hook bending jig

matthewsx

H-M Supporter - Diamond Member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
Need to bend up some S hooks for hanging plants. Does anyone have plans or pics of a good jig design?

Will be working with .125” brass brazing rod, but would like to be able to do stainless too.

John

Quick or nice? Tom Lipton’s blog has some plans/discussion of a pretty nice one. Could improvise off that for something quicker. I’ve made some quickies for similar projects.

My quickie:
f2a7150a45e5d311470e908fa2dfbf0e.jpg

Last edited:
Quick or nice? Tom Lipton’s blog has some plans/discussion of a pretty nice one. Could improvise off that for something quicker. I’ve made some quickies for similar projects.

My quickie:
f2a7150a45e5d311470e908fa2dfbf0e.jpg
Nice! Mine is a bit more involved but handy. But super cheap based around a $15 HFT vise. With addon for the HF compact bender it’s made to do stuff like that but I’ve not gotten to using it yet as I bought it to do HD stuff when I finally do my gate project.

Attachments

• IMG_0108.jpeg
    IMG_0108.jpeg
    504.3 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_0107.jpeg
    IMG_0107.jpeg
    508.7 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0105.jpeg
    IMG_0105.jpeg
    460.1 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0104.jpeg
    IMG_0104.jpeg
    429.7 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_0124.jpeg
    IMG_0124.jpeg
    524.4 KB · Views: 14
Quick or nice? Tom Lipton’s blog has some plans/discussion of a pretty nice one.

I made a simplified copy of the one on his site , works well , very flexible.
Stu

I had to buy a large number of S hooks a few yeas back to hang divider curtains in a big building. Hard to find and pricy for what they are.

Need to bend up some S hooks for hanging plants. Does anyone have plans or pics of a good jig design?

Will be working with .125” brass brazing rod, but would like to be able to do stainless too.

John
I just took a scrap of 3/4" aluminum plate and drilled press fit holes for three dowel pins. The dowel pin diameter is the diameter of the loop. The pins are in line and the spacing between the first two is equal to the pin diameter plus the wire diameter. The spacing between the second and third pin is equal to the center to center distance between the two loops.

Back