Roughing End Mills

Great info! Just as I'm looking for a roughing end mill. Anyone have any experience with the roughing end mills from Shars? They have a set of 4 for what seems reasonable.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/351102973978
Or should one stick to Melin, Regal, OSG, Niagara, Hertal?

Personally, I would stick with a name brand myself. A good roughing tool will cut well and last a long time - money well spent. The best ones I have are from Niagara.

The one I got from Maritool was a name brand. Just can't remember the name. Could check when I get home if anyone cares.

if i were to give someone a single piece of advice,
purchase the best quality tooling you can afford, but , don't pay full price for it.

I use end mill holders for 1" and bigger end mill shanks.

It was an HTC. Not sure if that's a name brand but made in the US.

BTW-I've got a bunch of 1" OD . r8 collets don't go that large. At least my set doesn't fit 1" OD. So they just sit there, using up space and sunLight.

Glenn

Get a one inch endmill holder and put those bad boys to work.

Hello, my name is Brian and I'm a toolaholic!

If you look up a thread I posted asking the same question couple weeks ago there is a link to a 1/2 inch roughing endmill I got on ebay I think 22 bucks shipped from a usa supplier they say is made here been pretty happy with it so far :) I would post the link but I can't seem to post links to ebay on here from my phone for some reason???

It's titled 1/2 roughing endmill top link posted by dark zero here's a screenshot Screenshot_2017-01-29-00-39-33.png

Back