Rotary broach plans

Suzuki4evr

Registered
Registered
Hallo guys.

Does anybody have plans for a rotary broach holder wich can be used on a mill and or lathe perhaps?

Michael.

Thank you RJ. I now remember that I saw this thread back when I joined H-M in 2017 when I was browsing this great site. I just couldn't remember now where it was. I think I will just upsize on the measurements a bit and convert to metric.

There is a cape town guy who did very good plans for a rotary broach. He is on chaski. Its a simple design using two normal roller bearings. I added a thrust bearing to his design. Its more bulky than just using one single ball bearing. I just took a morse taper three and tig welded it to a flange . Then this bolts to the broach holder that holds the two roller bearings and thrust bearing but the base is machined offset at 1,5 degrees tocreate the wobble. It has two bolts on the outer diameter that are used too set the broach true to the hole you want to broach. You loosen the bol,ts ,set the broach in the hole and then nip up the bolts. Simple.
I will try find the drawing but its on HMEM.(home shop engine machinest )

There is a cape town guy who did very good plans for a rotary broach. He is on chaski. Its a simple design using two normal roller bearings. I added a thrust bearing to his design. Its more bulky than just using one single ball bearing. I just took a morse taper three and tig welded it to a flange . Then this bolts to the broach holder that holds the two roller bearings and thrust bearing but the base is machined offset at 1,5 degrees tocreate the wobble. It has two bolts on the outer diameter that are used too set the broach true to the hole you want to broach. You loosen the bol,ts ,set the broach in the hole and then nip up the bolts. Simple.
I will try find the drawing but its on HMEM.(home shop engine machinest )
Thanks Plunger. Would be happy if you could find the drawing.

I picked up the Hemingway kit around this time last year and still haven't got round to making it.
I don't think they'd be cool with me posting the plans but I can reference them to answer questions, I suppose,

Back