rong fu drawbar

deereboy3020

Registered
Registered
Hey Y'all..I am new to your site but certainly not new to machining. I have been racking my brain trying to find a drawbar for the rong fu 30 bench top machine..I found a couple different places for drawbars like MSC but they are too vague and don't really give full dimensions..the bar I'm replacing is 17" long overall with an inch of hex..any ideas wold be greatly appreciated. A few years back I had to replace the "X" access worm gear and I guess I just got lucky and found one pretty fast, but I lost the site were I got it..thanks a bunch,

Daniel

If you have access to a lathe it's quite a simple project.

I recently misplaced the draw bar for my rf25 (don't ask i'm just a klutz sometimes :) ) i made an emergency one out of some all thread. Main issue was making sure the nut or washer fits down the hole when the quill is extended.

Stuart

If you have access to a lathe it's quite a simple project.

I recently misplaced the draw bar for my rf25 (don't ask i'm just a klutz sometimes :) ) i made an emergency one out of some all thread. Main issue was making sure the nut or washer fits down the hole when the quill is extended.

Stuart
Thank you Stuart for the tip. I do have a 10x22 grizzly lathe and can probably make one, but I would rather get a new one..no hurry. I can use the drawbar that's there, just have to be careful not to lose the pin going through the top.

Daniel

Last edited:
Wonder if one from a like Grizzly machine would work.

Call Enco - they sold the RF-30 and will hopefully have the correct drawbar.

Well of course ya can't call Enco anymore, have to call MSC.

Since the OP has a lathe, I would strongly suggest making your own. Anything you get from a Chinese version of the RF30 is not going to be great. If purchasing is a must I would look at BP drawbars but still they might need to be modified to work.

If you make your own, you can control the quality & make it to your specifications. I made mine out of 1144, don't need to use 4140. Post # 22 here: http://www.hobby-machinist.com/threads/my-pm45m-pdf.9885/#post-83976

Well of course ya can't call Enco anymore, have to call MSC.

Since the OP has a lathe, I would strongly suggest making your own. Anything you get from a Chinese version of the RF30 is not going to be great. If purchasing is a must I would look at BP drawbars but still they might need to be modified to work.

If you make your own, you can control the quality & make it to your specifications. I made mine out of 1144, don't need to use 4140. Post # 22 here: http://www.hobby-machinist.com/threads/my-pm45m-pdf.9885/#post-83976

WOW..I didn't want to make a big deal about it..But COOL, thanks everyone for chiming in..I really like what DZ did and thanks for the pics too..Hope you don't mind if I use them as reference.
I agree that to make my own would be better then the Chinese made ones.

Daniel

WOW..I didn't want to make a big deal about it..But COOL, thanks everyone for chiming in..I really like what DZ did and thanks for the pics too..Hope you don't mind if I use them as reference.
I agree that to make my own would be better then the Chinese made ones.

Daniel

No problem Daniel. Sure, that's what the pics are for & why we post threads like that. If you need further help in making it don't hesitate to ask.

Lots of folks just use all thread and pin a coupling nut to it.

Back