Rheostat

Hi kevin
Ihave just changed the pot in my Chester conquest 7x12 lathe. the spec is the same as the one you require except that the spindle has a flat not splined. I know we are the other side of the pond but chester is a good company and keeps a lot of stock. gareth@chestermachinetools.com is the best contact
I hope this help I changed mine useing a photo to ensure i got the wires in the right place all works fine.
Regards BRIAN.

Kevin

In that case just get a separate toggle switch and mount in case. Wire the two wires that go to the switch part to the toggle switch.

Get a 4K7 Pot and wire as is to terminals of pot.

Walter

Kevin

Be Careful, this route requires you to know how to use a drill too!

Toggle switch should be mounted so handle up is on, and down is off.

Walter

The switch is usualy in line with any safety devices on the machine and reverse switches , So it has to be reset after one has been interupted, that is why it is incorperated into the speed control ( you must reduce the speed to zero before restarting)
The system you are intending to use eliminates this safty lock. So be careful. on my mill you can start at any speed but the controll board has a soft start to buid up the speed in a controlled manner to protect the electronics.
Regards BRIAN.

WTG, Kevin! I love it when a plan comes together!

you have got me intrested now?? a picture is worth a thousand words!! Fast return?? auto stop?? no need to reduce speed??I am just going to have a go at these.
BRIAN.

Back