RF-31 or RF-30 Power feed

I embarrassingly stand corrected. The power feed unit bolts to an L-shaped bracket that fastens to the end of the table with two bolts. This positions the drive gear over the driven gear on the leadscrew. There is also another L-bracket that bolts to the first L-bracket and also to the inside of the table edge. It is solid enough.

I do not see how you can adapt a four-hole attachment to the end of a RF mill, though. I don't think it will fit but then again, I haven't actually seen one done so maybe its possible.

Ah ok, mine is the same then. I was about to go buy an Align power feed! Well not really. :)

Agreed, I don't see how one could adapt a knee mill style power feed to be used in the vertical position on a mill/drill. Ours doesn't replace or mount to the leadscrew end bracket like they do on a knee mill. I'm sure it can be done but I still think it would be easier to just build one from scratch like others have.

Mikey I like the Align products being from Taiwan. Was there an adapter gear or anything needed or was it a direct fit?

291908 291909

I'd have to go look at it to see the make/model, but I've had it for a few years now and it has served me well on my RF31

Since I converted my RF30 to CNC I'll part with mine (the motor/bracket etc) for $200 shipped. These are the only two pics I have of it on my work computer but can take more if interested
.motor1.jpg

Taken during the CNC conversion:
motor.jpg

Mikey I like the Align products being from Taiwan. Was there an adapter gear or anything needed or was it a direct fit?

Hey Mark. Mine was a direct fit and everything I needed came in the kit. It has worked flawlessly since I installed it and I can recommend the Align kit.

What flaws were you concerned about? I have the ALGS AL-310S that are made to bolt on mill/drills on my RF-45 style mill. I've never had a problem with it.
Any chance you could post a picture showing how it is mounted?

Thanks

Howardd

Any chance you could post a picture showing how it is mounted?

Thanks

Howardd

Sure, here you go...

Bracket is 2 pieces. First half clamps to the table with 2 cone point bolts. Second half bolts to the first half with 2 bolts. Power feed bolts to the second half with 2 SHCS. Second half of the bracket & the power feed are slotted to adjust for gear mesh. Power feed includes the gear with 3 splines that bolts directly in place of the handwheel.

20190404_122614.jpg20190404_122436.jpg20190404_121543.jpg

How much are the ALGS units that are a direct fit for the RF style mills?

Found for about $350.00 here. Might shop around.

Shars sells the Algs 310s for mill drills. Last time I looked they were around 270$ us. Started a thread actually wondering about the quality being from China. I believe this model tops out around 25 inches / min. and the Alighn units have more torque and a possible faster feed rate. Long term I think Align for the money.
Considered one a few months ago but came to the conclusion it s still a luxury With other stuff needed ahead of this.

Back