RF-31 or RF-30 Power feed

Yeah I front mounted a DRO scale in combination with the with power feed limit switches on my RF30 knockoff. I mounted the X scale on standoffs and positioned the standoffs so they also functioned to trip the limit switches on the power feed.
Thats a great idea and looks like a professional install..something I'd like to try..Would you mind sharing the make and model of your power feed and DRO?

I am on the hunt for a drive that hangs down like that which I can mount on the right side of the table to use on my PM940V.... currently its drive is mounted on the left side horizontally, I need to make room to use my universal dividing head and I would like to have handles on both sides of the table...

Thats a great idea and looks like a professional install..something I'd like to try..Would you mind sharing the make and model of your power feed and DRO?
Attached is a pic of my DRO. I'm using optical scales. I don't have a pic of my powerfeed but it's one of those horizontal jobs made for mill drills. The ones that hang down vertically are made for knee mills and will limit the table travel on an RF 30.

Attachments

• DSC_0827C.JPG
    DSC_0827C.JPG
    214.9 KB · Views: 2
Attached is a pic of my DRO. I'm using optical scales. I don't have a pic of my powerfeed but it's one of those horizontal jobs made for mill drills. The ones that hang down vertically are made for knee mills and will limit the table travel on an RF 30.
Hey thanks for sharing...looks nice. Wondering...did you also add a z-scale?

Always bugged me that the feeds for knee mills are half the price of the feeds for a mill drill. A number of guys have modified the bridgeport units to work with a mill drill but it's a lot of work to save a hundred bucks or so.

Last edited:
Back