Rf-31 Mill/drill Question

Minimillx2

Registered
Registered
Hi everyone, I posted this in the harbor freight section but thought maybe I'd get some more traffic over here. If someone could so kindly take a a few measurements for me as I would like to build a stand for this mill before it gets delivered next week I'd greatly appreciate it. I'm looking for the base dimensions, width and depth, and also looking for the table height from the bottom of the base. There is no info on this in the manual. Thank you to anyone that responds!!

Jay

I bought it from harbor freight, but I believe that they pretty much the same machine. At harbor freight it is model #33686 if that helps.

I have an Enco 105-1110, which I believe is the same as the RF-30, although it is over 20 yrs old.

The base is 15 5/8" wide, 23 3/4" deep, and from the bottom of the base to the top of the table is 10".

No guarantee that your is the same, but probably pretty close. I would suggest that you wait till you actually have the machine before you build the stand, or until someone that has the same machine as you can verify the dimensions.

Ben, thank you very much. I was able to verify the same measurements from another person as well. Again, thank you!

Jay

RF is "Rong Fu" and is made in Taiwan - well, at least they were when I purchased mine years ago.

rf31full_zpsotpoh5os.jpg

Thanks Mark, I'm all set now. The measurements didn't have to be 100% accurate, just close was fine as I wanted to and built a 30"x30" cabinet to set it on with 3 drawers under it. Estimated delivery is this Wednesday, guess I better get this thing painted before then!

Jay,
If you can, get some photos. We like Photos of new toys. I'm sure guys will want to see the stand design. Be sure to check out the Yahoo group I linked above. It is for mill drills like ours. some good mod ideas in the photos section. And guys there know these mills.

Do you have any machining/metal working back ground? If new to this let the guys here know. Do you know about the cosmoline and cleaning it al off? Traming, backlash. Well don't be afraid to ask. Congrats on the new machine, welcome to the forum. Have fun, and be safe.
Mark

Back