Review - Palmgren Cast Iron Roller Support Stand

coolidge

Active User
Registered
Okay I'm impressed. I have owned my share of support stands over the years, wobbly rollers, wobbly stands, feet fall off...none compare to these Palmgren stands. These stands will still be in service generations after I'm gone. So they look beefy right, yeah that's 47 lbs of cast iron and steel, each. When you set this stand down its planted! :encourage:

Palmgren cast iron roller support stand MFG #9670141 Enco#325-1435. Price $106.02 each from Enco with a 25% off code and free shipping.

Assembly was straight forward. A couple of the smaller socket head cap screws were a bit dodgy so I replaced those. With the rubber leveling pads I added the adjustable height range is 24 3/8 inches to 39 3/8 inches.

Yeah they are chunky and the rollers spin pretty true, it looks like they have heavy sealed bearings on each end.

I added these Mason Industries leveling pads, also from Enco #325-6629 for $8.92 each with the 25% off sale. I had to pick up some 3 inch threaded rod at my local hardware store vs the 5 inch that came with them so I didn't have 2 inches of stud sticking out the top of the stands. Rated at 500lbs each...they are actually under rated for the stand's 2,000 pound rating :disillusion:

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice! I am looking at roller stands right now myself, and having nearly lost a finger a few years back due to a light duty stand (it was quickly disposed of) I have become a believer in "bigger and heavier is better". Thanks for posting the review!

I may machine some spacers so they sit at the same height as my horizontal band saw after I raise the saw up on a stand with casters. I can't believe how low the band saw is to the floor (Turnpro 7-12) its lower than any support stand on the market and a back breaker to use so I'm going to raise it up 7 to 10 inches.

Back