Retrofitting The "famous" Tb6560 Cnc Board

Hi Mark,
Thank you again, you are very kind. Well... believe it or not I'm a primary teacher working at a public school in Greece! I suppose that if I had proper gudance some 40 years ago when I was 15 (I'm 55 now) I could study electronics, engineering or something similar to have a career in industry. But you know some times you decide about your life and sometimes life decides for you! To cut a long story short I found myself to follow educational studies and to have electronics and engineering as a hobby all my life. I suppose if I was living in another (western) country I could have done many other things.
I enjoy both teaching and my hobby and I hope I will spend more time doing and fixing things when I will be retired.

Regards
Petros

Ah Petros you are nearly my age after all! Now I see where your patience and wisdom originate- from the years LOL
Good luck to you..
MS

After reading your postings I am looking forward to building my own cnc machine. Keep us informed on your project too old man ha ha
Ms

Any help I can give do not hesitate to ask!
Do you own a mini mill?
Are you going to use the TB6560 board? if you are not feeling on a safe ground with electronics I would suggest for a few more dollars Wantai Stepper Motor Driver DQ542MA 50V 4.2A 128Micros. This will play as it should out of the box see for example here (no relation to the sellers or manufacturers).
I wish you to enjoy the trip in coverting the mill as I have enjoyed mine! See details here

Regards

Petros

No Petros I don't own a real mill yet- I haven't even begun to assemble a parts list either. Probably will use 3 separate driver units and linuxcnc but as far as what to put in between is completely up in the air. I like the Precision Mathews PM-25 mill because it already has the brushless spindle motor and belt drive. I am wary of Grizzly based on the many horror stories I have heard about quality and service. Were we not just talking about chinese companies? ;)
I worked in electronics industry for many years so I'm comfortable. Still a linux newbee however. Don't have any CAD experience yet either. A little AutoSketch, many moons ago.
Mark

Well Mark, you are in the wonderful position of making the "need" list! That is the best part of the process! If you make educated decisions you save yourself a lot of head scratching and money! I do not have any experience with PM machinery, I heard many people happy though, especially with after sales support!
For CAD, I am very happy with Fusion360 from Autodesk. That is CAD & CAM and is absolutely free for hobbyists like us.
Petros

Last edited:
I like free, thanks for the good tip Petros, I will check it out
Mark

I like free, thanks for the good tip Petros, I will check it out
Mark
Mark Free is always the cheapest option you can have!
How on earth I changed your name to Lawrence! He he he
Sorry for the mistake I have corrected it
Petros

Back